Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Fat Girl Favorite

I eat pizza at least once a week. How do I manage to avoid animal products and eat Pizza while also not breaking the bank or cooking it myself? There are now many pizza places offering vegan cheese: The Original Pizza Cookery, Z Pizza and Tomato Joe's.

I however do not like any vegan cheese substitutes, and some places that claim to have "vegan" cheese, don't. They have Soy Cheese that contains Casein, which is a milk-derived protein. So to avoid the hassle, I order pizza from my local Ameci's and just ask for "No Cheese, please". I recommend adding Garlic and Basil to your normal veggie selection to add extra flavor to "make-up" for the "missing" cheese.

Most pizza places will be able to make you a delicious, compassionate, cheese-less pizza. Stick to regular or thin crust pizzas, pan and specialty crusts often add milk powder or eggs, or even cheese, and remember to pile up those veggies to your heart's delight. Might I offer adding some Smart Deli® Pepperoni slices or Tofurky Italian Sausage, for that "meaty" addition.

Fat Girls Rejoice!

Points Plus value for 1 moderate slice, Cheese-less Veggie Pizza: 4 pts

No comments:

Post a Comment